Saturday, July 28, 2007

Post Twenty-One.

I am watching "Bee Season." It just started. The little girl in it reminds me immensely of the little girl from "My Girl." Does anyone remember "My Girl?" Those were my favorite movies when I was a little girl.

I was reading a wedding magazine in which a bride was very passionate about her family's history of cancer. Instead of tacky wedding favors like almonds, she made up adorable little favors that contained a little note that in that guests name, $1 was donated to the American Cancer Society. The wedding had 250 guests, and so that was $250 donated to the charity. I thought it was a pretty awesome idea. I know if I went to a wedding, I'd much prefer something like that rather than a bottle of bubbles with a wedding date etched onto it. Something to think about for our pending wedding.

So, when we feed feral cats, there are these three or four homeless men who live in the woods with one of the colonies. They are very kind men and with whatever money that they manage to get, they always buy food for the cats before they buy food for themselves. When I heard that, it was so touching. Each time we go and I see the few pieces of food in their bowls or the leftover KFC scraps left in their bowls, my heart just feels so warm. One of the men told us he's been here with those cats for years and they mean so much to him. Cats have a way of making life go on when it seems like it won't. That much is for sure. (The people who say that that relationship is the difference between feral cats and house cats can think about that one for awhile.)

No comments: