Sunday, July 29, 2007

Post Thirty-Four



Fonzie is buried next to his feline sister, Hadley. The two are buried in Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida. Specifically, in the yard of my parents lake house. Fonzie loved to roam, he loved nature and he loved the outdoors. He was a feral cat, after all. We knew at once that he would have loved Howey-in-the-Hills.

Do you see that above view? It was taken from my parents dock. That's the view that Fonzie gets to see, day after day. When I took this photograph on Thursday, I was awestruck by the beauty. My initial thought was: "Wow, and Fonzie gets this all of the time."

Of course, the beauty of this view doesn't come close to matching his beauty. But he doesn't hurt now, and he isn't sick now. He is happy, he is peaceful, and he gets all of the beauty that nature can possibly give.

No comments: