Saturday, July 28, 2007

Post Twelve



The last time I saw Fonzie, I held him in my arms and told him he was too beautiful for this ugly world. It was probably the truest statement I'd ever made.

It's hard for many people to understand what it really means to love an animal, to accept an animal as part of your family. It's even harder to explain to people that these cats belong to no one but themselves, live outdoors and yet you still love them because they are part of our family.

Thanks to the mighty powers of Catster.com, Alley Cat Allies and this little website called LiveJournal, I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of people who make me understand that I am not at all crazy. Sometimes I feel sorry that people will never be able to experience or understand that unconditional kind of love. That kind of love is what my pets have always given me and what I have always given them.

So, let's hear it for pet owners, for pet lovers, for people who understand the pets are part of your family. Let's hear it for those who have been loved by or who love those little furry-creatures like there is no tomorrow. This entry serves as a tribute to us, us "crazy cat/dog/insert-animal-here people."

In other news: It's thundering and lightning in a terrifying manner. So far, no rain -- but the sky is so black it seems like nighttime in here. Uh-oh! Must stay awake!

No comments: