Sunday, July 29, 2007

Post Forty-One.

Four more hours to go. As much as I'm looking forward to sleep, I'm pretty sad. I've been looking to the Blog-A-Thon since it ended last year. I know that as it gets later, it's harder and harder to actually form entries that deal with my charity. But I've been loyally browsing the ACA website for some interesting information to share with you, dear readers/sponsors/friends/family, and came across something...interesting, indeed:

"An overwhelming majority of U.S. animal control agencies and shelters keep a firm grip on outdated animal damage control laws and species-inappropriate policies that result in the killing of over 71 percent of all cats--pet, stray, and feral--that enter their facilities. Virtually every feral cat that animal control traps or that enters a shelter dies."

There is nothing more chilling than a statistic such as that. That is the backbone of this blog: Feral, Not Homeless. Feral doesn't mean homeless. Feral cats do not belong inside of a house because their home is outdoors. It's pretty scary, I think, how many beautiful animals suffer at the hand of man.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel! I really do look forward to this every year, and it's sad that it seems to go so fast.