Sunday, July 29, 2007

Game #7: I Collect

I collect vinyl. 45's, LP's. Ever since I was a little girl, my dad would dance with me to all of the oldies hits via the 45's on the jukebox or the albums on our record player. My dad's vinyl collection is huge and, inevitably, I've become a huge vinyl buff. I suppose I associate so many events, people, places, things in my life to certain songs and this is why I always strive to make my collection bigger. To be able to hear that song, the one that can define the way you feel, with the crackling of the vinyl as the record spins -- it's a priceless feeling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post! My dad has a huge album collection, and used to have TRUNKS full of 45's. (He's worked in radio his whole life, and I'm sure he nicked most of them!) I used to love digging through them and listening to new-to-me songs on my little plastic record player.