Saturday, July 28, 2007

Post Eight



Well, yes, that's my engagement ring. As much as I love to show it off and dance around in my "I'm getting married!" glory, there is a point to this.

If it's any indication about how important feral cat care is to me, my engagement/proposal story is all about feral cat care. You see, Aaron and I have been together since we were fifteen and sixteen years old, so the eventual proposal was going to be something special. And it was.

We were out feeding our feral cat colonies on May 19th, 2007, as normal. We were at the McDonalds Colony (or the "McKitties" as we call them), delivering their food. Aaron told me he had something to ask me and, to make a joke about the fact we were behind a McDonalds in the bad side of town at almost ten at night, asked if I was hungry. I declined and then he asked me another question: "Will you marry me?" Of course, I said yes -- and witnessing this were the McKitties: Rusty-James, Robinson, Spike, Annabelle -- the whole gang.

I couldn't tell you how meaningful it was to me to have them all there to know that my proposal took place while doing something that I care more about than most else: feral cat care.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, what a sweet story! And the ring is lovely. Congratulations on your engagement!

Roger Baillargeon said...

My name Is Roger Baillargeon...

I'm the Owner of the Blog
(Cat Care Support-Resources-Solution)

I've just launched a brand New FORUM...
' The Cat Care Messenger'

The Forum is there to help Cat Lovers
find solutions to Cat Care Problems !

I'm sending You a Message because it
would be a PLUS for my Forum if You
could help (once in a while)regarding
Cat Owners ...Questions/Answers.

I Sincerely Hope You will Consider
this Community Participation.
Also before You make any Kind of
Decision I invite You to Visit the
Forum which You can Enter on my Blog...

http://pictures-of-cats-lovers.blogspot.com

Regards, Roger B.


Rpger Baillargeon
Quebec, Canada
mail to:rogerfern99@hotmail.com