Saturday, July 28, 2007

Post Six




Meet Odessa. Odessa is the love of my life. Okay, so I have a few of those. Anyway, Odessa lives in a colony comprised solely of herself and her real-life mother, Octavia. Recently, an older black cat has joined them but he isn't really too into making himself known to any of us.

Odessa is the only remaining kitten to her mom, Octavia. Because my fiance and I are newer to this, this is really all we know. Octavia and Odessa were spayed a couple of years ago and have decided to stick around and live life happily with one another. Odessa is sweet. She trusts us completely and will let us old her and pet her. She is blind in one eye and a little, well, daft. She is sweet but she isn't the brightest cat in the universe!

Whenever we pull up, she is hiding in the tops of a tree and jumps down to greet us. She has the most monotone, gravely "meow!" that doesn't match her petite and sweet persona. I love to care for Odessa like I do whenever something cute, furry and helpless comes along. Unfortunately, she isn't as responsible as her mama, who is always present so that I don't worry, and she often leaves right when we come to look for her. Odessa keeps these few homeless men company, and they live in the woods with her and her mother. She has made them fall in love with her, too, and I know that she is in good hands. Everyone watches out for Odessa.

I'm always captivated by her sheer beauty and her desire for life. She doesn't let anything get in her way. Another feral success story? Indeed.

No comments: